Apply for Jobs -- External Candidates
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with BNSF Railway!
If you cannot use or access our online application system, please contact us at email@example.com to request a reasonable accommodation.For more information review our Employment FAQ's. Before you get started searching for jobs and/or making application, please review the information below.
On July 6, 2009, BNSF launched a new job search and application system.
- All job seekers, including those who applied prior to July 6, must create a new application and profile.
- After reviewing the information below, if you are visiting for the first time, click the Register Now button to get started.
- If there is information you want us to consider, be sure it is in your Application. A resume is not a substitute for a thorough and complete application.
- To ensure your application is considered for the job you are applying to, once the application is complete, click 'SAVE' and then 'SUBMIT APPLICATION'.
- We recommend maximizing any new windows that are created during the application process.
- Before starting, gather all information such as employment history, education history, contact information, traffic and criminal convictions, dates, contact names and telephone numbers, etc.
- Once an application has been submitted for a specific job, it is not possible to edit, update or make changes to the application.
- Monitor the career website daily and apply early. Once a job posting closes, no further applications will be accepted.
- All communication is done via email and phone. Please be sure your contact information is accurate. If your contact information changes, update your candidate profile accordingly.
- If extended a conditional offer of employment, applicants must pass a thorough background and medical review. For more information, review our Pre-employment Qualifications.
- This site is best viewed with the following browsers. For Windows, Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2.0 or greater. For the Macintosh, only Firefox 2.0 is supported. Safari browsers will be recognized and handled as Internet Explorer 6 browsers and will not be supported as separate browser platforms.
- This site uses pop-ups. If you have a pop-up blocker on your browser, please disable it.
- This site is best experienced with Adobe Reader 9.0.