BNSF is offering current Loading Origin Guarantees Program (LOGs) permit holders the option to rollover their current weekly commitment at $0 premium. The official rollover instructions will be sent by November 17, 2021 to the email address BNSF has on file for existing LOGs permits. The rollover option is only applicable to the 52-week shipping period from February 7, 2022 to February 5, 2023.
Based on equipment availability and the results of the rollover option, BNSF will offer the remaining LOGs capacity beginning Monday, January 10, 2022. Guaranteed equipment and placement of centerbeam flats, bulkhead flats and a limited number of boxcars will be offered for 52-, 26-, 13- and 4-week permits through the LOGs Program. All customers (eligible per the LOGs rules) will continue to have the opportunity to bid in the LOGs auction.
The following list highlights the key features of the 2022 BNSF LOGs Program:
- LOGs customers will continue to be subject to the same pricing as non-LOGs shipments.
- The freight deductions (if applicable) for 52-week permits will remain at $0 for all permits.
- The annual flex of -5% will again be available this period for all 52-week permit holders.
- The weekly ordering flex percent will continue to be +/-10% and will continue to allow a one-car minimum flex. (Per LOGs rules: BNSF reserves the right to discontinue the weekly flex during times of tight equipment supply.)
- LOGs penalty amounts will remain equalized for all permits (BNSF failure remains at $200 per car; LOGs permit owner shortfall penalty remains $200 per car, including 52-week permits).
The auctions will be held Monday, January 10, 2022 (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST) and Monday, January 17, 2022, if all available equipment has not already been allocated.
For information about the various LOGs applications and how to use the program, please review the LOGs quick reference guide.
For further details about the BNSF LOGs Program, please consult Rules Book BNSF-7 (must be logged in to Customer Portal to view).
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF sales representative or email LOGS.Marketing@bnsf.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF as your transportation service provider.