Reporting Emergencies

How do I report malfunctioning crossing gates and lights or a vehicle stalled at a crossing?

Call BNSF's emergency number at 800-832-5452 to report any railroad emergency, including the false activation of gates and lights. This number will connect you directly to BNSF's Resource Operations Command Center, which is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If your vehicle has stalled on a crossing, exit the vehicle immediately, move away from the track and call BNSF's emergency number at 800-832-5452 to report the stalled vehicle.

How do I report trespassers or other suspicious behavior on BNSF property?

To report suspicious behavior, call BNSF's Resource Operations Command Center at 800-832-5452 or your local police department. BNSF has an internal police team that works closely with local, state and federal law enforcement on safety and security issues involving the railroad.

What should I do if hazardous materials are released?

If there is a hazardous materials release on the track or near a rail facility, local authorities will advise the public if any special measures are necessary. If you personally see what you believe to be a hazardous materials release, first move to a safe location. Then you should notify BNSF's Resource Operations Command Center or local police as soon as possible. The BNSF emergency number is 800-832-5452.


CALL 800-832-5452

To report a vehicle stalled on a crossing or to report false activation of crossing gates and lights, call 800-832-5452 immediately.Crossing signal