Beginning Monday, April 2, 2018, guaranteed placement of 52-, 65- and 66-foot gondolas, bulkhead flatcars and transverse covered coil cars will be offered for 52-, 26-, 13- and four-week permits through BNSF's Loading Origin Guarantees (LOGs) Program.
The auctions will be held Monday, April 2, 2018 (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT), as well as Monday April 9, 2018 and Monday, April 16, 2018, unless all available equipment has been allocated.
When the new 52-week shipping period begins on April 30, 2018, current LOGs rules will continue to apply to the Metals LOGs program including, but not limited to:
For further details about the BNSF LOGs Program, please consult Rules Book BNSF-7.
- The weekly ordering flex will continue at +20% with a one-car minimum.
- LOGs equipment requests are due by 4:00 p.m. Central time on Mondays prior to the shipping week.
- LOGs claims must be filed within 30 days of failure.
- LOGs participants will continue to be subject to the same pricing of rail shipments as non-LOGs participants.
- The LOGs allowance/deduct for 52-week permits will remain at $0.
- LOGs Rules language for shortfall penalties will remain the same, clarifying that the number of eligible Bill(s) of Lading submitted showing the LOGs permit number during the LOGs period will be used to determine any shortfall penalty.
For information about the various LOGS applications and how to use the program, please review the LOGs quick reference guide.
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF sales representative or email LOGS.Marketing@bnsf.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF as your transportation service provider.