On Monday, November 5, 2018, guaranteed placement of 65/66-foot gondolas will be offered for the 4-week shipping period (December 3 - December 30, 2018) through BNSF's Loading Origin Guarantees (LOGs) Program.
The following modifications are in effect only for the 4-week permits sold in the upcoming LOGs auction for 65/66-foot gondolas:
- BNSF LOGs program continues to guarantee placement of empty equipment within the 2nd scheduled switch of the customer's want date.
- The minimum bid per car is increasing from $0 to a modest $75.
- Penalties payable by customer for a shortfall are decreasing from $200 to $75 per car.
- Penalties payable by BNSF are decreasing from $200 to $75 per car, plus reimbursement of the bid premium paid per car.
- LOGs permit holder must continue to file claims within 30 days of the failure.
Based on equipment availability, an additional 4-week auction will be held on Monday, November 12, 2018.
For information on upcoming auction dates, please review the bid calendar for 66-foot gondolas.
For further details about the BNSF LOGs Program, please consult Rules Book BNSF-7.
For information about the various LOGS applications and how to use the program, please visit our LOGs Program information page.
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF sales representative or email LOGS.Marketing@bnsf.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF as your transportation service provider.