BNSF is pleased to announce that beginning Monday, February 3, 2020, guaranteed equipment and placement of 72-foot refrigerated boxcars will be offered for a 26-, 13- and four-week permit through BNSF's Loading Origin Guarantees (LOGs) Program. Shipping periods for the LOGs permits begin Monday, February 24, 2020.
The auctions will be held Monday, February 3, (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST), as well as Monday, February 10, unless all available equipment has been allocated.
The following key features continue for the 72-foot refrigerated boxcar LOGs program:
- The weekly ordering flex will remain at +20% with a one-car minimum.
- A term flex of -5% will continue for all 26-week permit holders.
- LOGs equipment requests are due by 4:00 p.m. CST on Mondays prior to the shipping week.
- LOGs participants will continue to be subject to the same pricing of rail shipments as non-LOGs participants.
- LOGs Rules language concerning how shortfall penalties are determined remains the same, clarifying that the number of eligible Bill(s) of Lading submitted showing the LOGs permit number during the LOGs period will be used to determine any shortfall penalty.
For further details about the BNSF LOGs Program, please consult Rules Book BNSF-7.
For information about the various LOGS applications and how to use the program, please review the LOGs quick reference guide.
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF sales representative or email LOGS.Marketing@bnsf.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF as your transportation service provider.